FilRight Pro PP (Polypropyleen) - 500 g - Clear
PP filament (PolyPropylene) FilRight Pro
One of the most used plastics in the world with a multitude of applications now also available as filament for your 3D printer!
When you look around in your house for plastic parts, chances are that you will come across containers, cups, packaging, etc. from PolyPropylene (PP). PolyPropylene is one of the few plastics that may come into contact with food. This is partly due to the fact that this material is also widely used in the medical industry.
The development of FilRight Pro PP filament (PolyPropylene)
Making printable PP filament is more difficult than with other materials. This is mainly due to the fact that PolyPropylene behaves differently than for example ABS or PLA during cooling and hardening. This has created some challenges during the development of FilRight Pro PP filament. However, our fantastic development department has ensured that this has been successful!
- Electrical components
- Flexible hinges
- Lightweight parts
Have you used FilRight Pro PP (PolyPropylene) for another application? Of course we would like to hear this!
- Impressive mechanical properties
- Good resistance to a multitude of chemical substances (including acids, alkaline and organic solvents)
- More flexible than, for example, PLA
- Distorts less under load than other materials
- Very good mutual adhesion
- Printed parts can be placed in the dishwasher and microwave without problems
Printing with FilRight Pro PP filament (PolyPropylene)
To achieve the best results with FilRight Pro PP filament we have some printing advice below.
- FilRight Pro PP filament adheres poorly to printing surfaces other than PolyPropylene. We therefore recommend using a PolyPropylene sheet. When you use these you will not have to use a heat bed in almost all cases.
- The use of a higher temperature for the first layer improves the adhesion to the printing surface.
- The use of a "raft" ensures easier removal afterwards. This also ensures that any irregularities in the PolyPropelene sheet do not recur in the printed object.
- A closed printer will help to prevent distortion.
Other questions? Please contact us for more information or technical specifications.