FilRight Engineering HDPLA - 750 g -Blue
All the advantages of printing with ABS wrapped into an easy-to-print, biodegradable PLA filament.
Stronger than ABS, printable as easy as normal PLA
We are very proud to present our first PLA worthy of FilRight Engineering title.
Our engineers have been working very hard on a superb new material that will change the way you view PLA for professional use. FilRight Engineering HDPLA exceeds ABS in impact resistance, strength and heat deflection AND can be printed as easily as our other PLA variants at extremely high speeds.
In other words all the advantages of ABS wrapped into an easy to print, biodegradable PLA filament.
In our tests we have printed at 140mm/sec without significant loss in quality of the parts.
The parts printed with FilRight Engineering HDPLA have a slight matte finish which helps to conceal layer lines.
The impact resistance of FilRight Engineering HDPLA surpasses that of materials as ABS and PETG making it a great material for all applications that require higher impact tolerance.
The incredible strength of our HDPLA filament makes sure all your parts are able to perform under the same conditions as normally would require ABS filament.
High Heat Deflection Temperature
Now you can use PLA filament in high temperature environments. Anyone who has left a regular PLA part in a hot car knows how heat deforms it. Our HDPLA has a Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT) of 95°C* making it suitable for a very wide range of applications.
* After annealing. see below for information
Increasing the strength even more by annealing
To increase the interlayer adhesion of the printed parts even further and with that the strength of the part it is possible to anneal it.
These steps will help you getting the most out of your parts printed with FilRight Engineering HDPLA.
- Pre-heat an convection oven. Set the temperature at 110°C
- After pre-heating has been completed put the printed part in there. For small parts with medium infill and thin walls use a timer of 20 minutes. Larger objects with thicker walls will need a 60 minute timer.
- When the timer goes off, do NOT remove the object. Just simply turn off the oven and wait for it to cool down. This can take a while so please be patient.
- Remove the annealed object from the oven and enjoy the increased strength and HDT.
Some tips to get the best out of the annealing proces
- If there are any supports on the part leave them on when putting it in the oven.
- Using a higher infill percentage will ensure even less shrinkage during annealing.