FilRight Engineering Nylon - 500 g - White
Nylon filament – FilRight Engineering
Nylon; Perhaps one of the most versatile printable materials that can be used for a wide range of applications. Extremely strong and very durable.
FilRight Engineering Nylon is a variant of PA12 optimized for 3D printing. We have chosen not to offer "normal" PA12 nylon, but a superior printable version created by our fantastic development team.
FilRight Engineering nylon filament is based on a type of industrial nylon and is therefore extremely suitable for a (semi) professional user who is looking for the perfect mix of printability and mechanical properties.
The applications of FilRight Engineering Nylon filament
Components printed with FilRight Engineering Nylon filament can be used for industrial applications, where durability is very important.
- Mechanical components
- Replacement parts
- High impact resistance and wear and scratch resistance
- Good resistance to a multitude of chemical substances (including acids, alkaline and organic solvents) and UV
- Extremely strong
- Very good dimensional stability
- Very low moisture absorption
- Contact with food and water is allowed. (product is not produced according to standards that concern contact with food.)
- Based on a nylon used in the industry
Printing with FilRight Engineering Nylon filament
To achieve the best results with FilRight Engineering Nylon we have some printing advice below for you.
- Nylon filament should be dried before use, especially after a long period of non-use. Polyamides are known for their moisture absorption. To get the best result, dry the amount of filament you need in a hot air oven for 2-3 hours at 110-130˚C. Make sure you remove the filament from the spool first, as the spool will melt at a temperature below 110˚C.
- The recommended heat-bed temperature is 80-100˚C. Higher is also allowed.
- Nylon filament does not adhere well to a glass plate. Use PrintaFix adhesive sprayor a LokBuild printing surface.